Ebay Seller: eletoponline365 (Hong Kong)
- 1/4” CMOS WXGA HD Sensor / H.264/AVC1 DSP / 512M DDR2
- Rechargeable LIPO Battery (250mah), with Battery Charger Manage IC
- Video: 720P HD H.264/AVC1 video codec, 1280 x 720 30fps .mov
- Photo: JPG 1280*960 (no degrading by upsizing to interpolated "5 megapixel" size)
- MicroSD card slot, supports up to 32GB (memory card not included), suggest using Class 4 or above.
- USB2.0, plug and play, easy connection with computers, no driver needed.
- Super mini size, only around 50mm (L) x 32mm (W) x13mm (H)
- Super light-weighted: only approx 17g!
- Multifunctioned, you can use it as a mini DVR, a camera, a webcam, a removable USB drive.
Comes with USB cable
Easy configuration software for the camera here: NR16
I found out about this small camera when I was doing research into mounting video cameras on to "The Legend" for rides. I was and did get a GoPro HERO 2 camera which is the best on the market (till the GoPro HERO 3 in Dec 2012)
The thing about the GoPro is that its pretty heavy and if you don't clamp down the camera really tight it will wobble about and you won't really get good video footage using it.
In my travels I found a review on a keycam and read up on it and its functions. I wasn't too sure about it but i thought for £30 you can't really go wrong the the reviewer said the the ebay seller was reliable. About 10 days after ordering I got the camera in the post and got testing.
First I got the standard lens camera a few months ago and then I saw they updated it with a wide 120 degree lens version.Got my own 32Gb SD card that can hold a good few hrs worth of video if needed. The only thing thats limiting about it it is that the battery. It only lasts about 30mins maximum but if you have a portable battery pack like i use to charge my iPhone on the move you can charge it at the same time as recording for basically unlimited running time.
|Mounting BOTH Key cams at once|
~ B ~
Excellent review. Thanks!ReplyDelete
I am going to get one. I also have an external battery pack which I use for my smartphone so will be ideal to keep recording after 30 mins.
Cool, I've been toying with the idea of getting a second wide angle one to maybe get front and rear views at the same time while riding. Just have to work out a way to hook up my battery pack to the cam or cams while riding without breaking anything.ReplyDelete