Needed something lighter that could be packed away easily so I came across these B'Twin 300 Waterproof Cycling Overtrousers at my local Decathlon UK store.
- WATERPROOFING: coated component (2000 mm) + 100% watertight seams to withstand showers of 1hr.
- VISIBILITY: Reflective strips on calves.
- COMPACT DESIGN: Clever, it packs away into its shoe cover, ready to be taken anywhere.
- FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT: The wide cut, designed for cycling, does not hinder pedaling.
- COMPATIBILITY: VIOO CLIP BTWIN can be attached (at the rear) = visible from 110 m. Not supplied
- EASY DRESSING: cut for easy dressing, with elasticated waistband
|B'Twin 300 Waterproof Cycling Overtrousers|
These can be folded and packed into one of the overshoes. A couple of rubber bands to hold the package together and keep it tight, with practice I could probably get it even smaller & just use one rubber band.
In addition to being over-trousers they also have built in overshoes to your feet don’t get wet either.
|Tire used for scale|
|Built in Overshoes|
|Sealed over shoes|
Can also attach a B'Twin VIOO Clip light for even more visibility for night time riding. (sold separately)
The only down side I have found is that around the calf of the trouser tend to catch on the crank arms at times because the trousers are so baggy at that point. A couple of velcro strips around this area would solve this problem quiet easily.
B'Twin 300 Waterproof Cycling Overtrousers @ Decathlon UK: £12.99
till the next ride, bee safe.....